Postponed until Spring 2022
But don't worry! We'll be back!
More information on new event date coming soon!
Sun, Sep 26|
Brookside Park - Ames, Iowa
Kids Run for Kids 2021
A Fun-Filled Family Event
Time & Location
Sep 26, 2021, 12:00 PM – 4:30 PM
Brookside Park - Ames, Iowa, 1325 6th St, Ames, IA 50010, USA
About The Event
Kids Run for Kids is a run (not a race) to promote physical fitness among children. This is a family event for children, parents, grandparents, guardians, and siblings. Pre and post run activities include miniature golf, lawn games, and literacy games with prizes. We will have the Ames Public Library Bookmobile on site as well as a Police Patrol Car, a Fire Truck, and an Ambulance. A fun-filled family morning for all ages. The event is designed for kids 12 days old through 12 years old and their family members. As this is a fun run, the event is not timed, and results are not tracked.
GOALS for Kids Run for Kids:
- Build appreciation, respect, and goodwill towards local law enforcement officers.
- Advance child literacy in surrounding communities of Story and Boone County, Iowa. Aim for kids to start Kindergarten ready and eager to READ.
- Improve the physical health and well-being of children in our communities and beyond.
OBJECTIVES for Kids Run for Kids:
- Raise funds for programs that enrich the lives and development of children.
- Provide an outdoor running event with games and activities for children and families that are age-appropriate, engaging, fun, and in support of improving the emotional wellbeing and physical health of children.