A brief history of Kids Run For Kids will be included here.
Goals and Objectives
2019 Kids Run for Kids (KRK)
Goals, Objectives, Beneficiaries, & Overview
GOALS for Kids Run for Kids
("distant stars toward which we strive"):
1. Goal #1 Every child and teen in Story County will have a positive image of law enforcement officers.
2. Goal #2 Every child in Story County will start kindergarten ready and eager to read.
3. Goal #3 The health of children in Story County, and beyond, will be improved.
OBJECTIVES for Kids Run for Kids
(specific actions in support of reaching the Goals):
1. To raise funds in support of Goal #1 (40%), Goal #2 (40%), and Goal #3 (20%) of net proceeds.
2. To organize a running event specifically for Story County kids (and their families) to encourage them to become runners for life; thus improving kid’s physical health.
3. To organize a morning of family activities for Story County kids to strengthen kids’ emotional health.
Beneficiaries to Receive a Share of 2019 KRK Net Proceeds:
Goal #1: Ames Police, Boone Police, Story City Police, Nevada Police (40%)
Goal #2: Early childhood literacy programs in Boone & Story County, (40%)
Goal #3: The Rotary Foundation's Polio eradication program (12%),
Clubfoot Solutions (8% to buy braces for the Ponseti correction method)
Overview of Kids Run for Kids
It will be held (rain or shine) for the fifth time at Brookside Park, Ames, on Saturday morning, April 27, 2019 (the last Saturday in April) from 07:30 to 11:00 AM.
Four runs (runs not races) will be held: 1K, 2K, 3K, and 4K. The 4K will start at 09:00; the 3K at 09:10; the 2K at 09:20; the 1K at 09:30. A ribbon will be awarded to every registered runner who crosses the finish line.
The event will include many family-friendly games and activities such as: a nine (9) hole miniature golf course, croquet, ring toss, bean-bag toss, literacy games with prizes, etc. Also present will be a police patrol car, fire truck, ambulance and bookmobile with their staffs.
The event is designed for “Kids” from 12 days old through 12 years old and their family members.
We strongly encourage older family members to run with the kid.
The event is organized and operated by the Ames Morning Rotary Club.